Rockwell Development Centers Day Treatment program is a structured school-based treatment program intended for children and adolescents, who struggle with a host of behavioral, emotional, and mental health needs. The program is designed to identify and address barriers that prohibit the child’s educational abilities in a typical classroom setting. Specific behavioral barriers include, but are not limited to; ADHD, ODD, depression, and mood instability.
The program’s treatment strategy focuses on helping clients learn to manage anger, enhance interpersonal communication skills, improve decision-making, community responsibility, manage appropriate coping mechanisms, and improve overall psychological well-being.
Is my child qualified to go to Day Treatment?
Primary populations served are children and/or adolescents, age 12 through 17, with a mental health diagnosis and who meet the criteria for admittance.
• The referred child must have an Axis I or II MH/SA diagnosis that is not solely a developmental disability
• Less restrictive MH/SA rehabilitative services in the educational setting have been considered or previously attempted but were found not effective or ineffective
• The child exhibits behavior resulting in significant school disruption or significant social withdrawal
• The child is experiencing mental health and/or substance abuse symptoms/behaviors that severely impair functional ability in an educational setting which may include a vocational setting.
• The child must have an IEP (individualized education program) recommending Day Treatment Services.
· Serving individuals ages 12-17
· Adolescent must meet Medicaid eligibility requirements
· Individuals must meet DSM-V criteria with a mental health and/or a behavioral health diagnosis.
· Serving MCO’s (Partners, Vaya, Cardinal Innovation) in surrounding counties.
· Day Treatment classrooms are staffed with a certified teacher, a qualified mental health professional, licensed clinician, and program manager.
· Services are provided in an alternative school setting.
· Duration of treatment is contingent upon the need of the client and can typically last between 1-2 semesters of a school’s calendar year.
· Meals are provided through food and nutrition services.
· Each client is required to have an IEP (IEP - Individualized Education Plan) , CCA, and PCP recommending Day Treatment.
· Parent/guardian participation in education program is required.
Please download and fill out the application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for our program.
For questions about Admissions, Qualifications or any other concerns, please reach out to our Qualified Professional at email@example.com or feel free to call us at 704-987-2096
Day Treatment Application >